Mobile apps lend a massive boost to any organization that has a long-term vision. We are already witnessing the enormous adoption of mobile apps the world over. In many countries, mobile internet traffic has surpassed web traffic, and this trend is fast catching up everywhere across the planet. So the people must have to aware of mobile app development cost too.
People’s preference for using mobile phones for virtually all their needs is poised to get a massive boost as 5G would eventually be rolled out in every country in the next 2-3 years.
Statista forecasts that by the end of 2020, mobile apps will generate around 189 billion U.S. dollars in revenues through app stores and in-app ads. These are staggering figures.
For any organization, whether an existing one or a start-up, the purpose of every organization is to increase productivity and maximize profits. That is the reason businesses exist. Presumably, you are no different and are looking to take your organization to new heights.
What can be the Mobile App Development Cost?
Indeed, that’s why you are trying to find the mobile app development cost for your business. Mobile app development costs would vary from project to project. But instead of just looking at the cost angle, below are the points that you should consider while selecting the mobile app development services for your business.
Curtail Your Functionalities Affects Mobile App Development Cost
As mentioned above, the mobile app cost varies, mainly depending on the features and functionalities. You should document your need and discuss the same with the developer.
Following are some factors which affects the mobile app cost:
- UI / UX design of the app
- The nature of the app (native or hybrid)
- The complexity of features
- Connected APIs
- The Platform (Android or iOS)
Remember to discard the features that you will never use. For example, if your company will remain confined to a particular country, there is no use to have multi-currency and multi-language functionality. Discarding functionalities will lead to cost reduction.
Following are the quotations and the suggested time duration provided by industry experts:
- An app with median features can cost around $171,450 (at a rate of $150/hour) and occupy 1,143 hours of a developer. The price can get an increase to $727,500 according to the complexity in the app functions (Clutch Survey)
- An app with minimum requirements can cost from $5,000 to $10,000. (Clutch Survey, 2017)
- A commercial mobile app development can go up to $140,000 (VDC Research, 2017)
- The app with complex functions and features price can go up to $267,000 to $360,000
- Duration: 80% of mobile apps may take 3+ months to develop and 40% of mobile apps may take 6+ months to build (Outsystems Survey, 2018-19)
We respect freelancers for their invaluable contributions to the infinite gigs they deliver across the globe every day. But when it comes to the complete development of a mobile app, We recommend that you partner with mobile app development services of repute.
There are many reasons for this. First, developing a mobile app from scratch (custom mobile app) is complicated that requires complex coding and customization for each client. If the freelancer gets ill or becomes incommunicado for any reason, your project will hang in the fire as most freelancers work from homes, with no physical addresses.
Also read: How hybrid mobile apps can take your business to the next level?
Secondly, after the mobile app has been delivered, a lot of support is required since there could be nagging issues in the first few months. Freelancers focus on acquiring new projects and usually work on multiple jobs simultaneously. As such, irrespective of their claims, they do not have time to extend support after delivering the project. Moreover, they can ill-afford to maintain a support team.
So, you are advised to outsource app development or hire a reputed mobile app developer with a track record of multiple project deliveries with happy clients, just like Sankalp mobile app development company.
Choose a mobile app development service that has a proven credibility
Instead of looking just at mobile app development costs, one should look for several other things. You should analyze each company individually based on the below parameters:
- Look for the number of projects that the mobile app development service has successfully delivered.
- Check the client reviews.
- The number of years the company has been in business.
- See, whether the company has served clients from different countries across the globe or has a local clientele.
- See if they can deliver army-grade security to your app so that it is safe.
Don’t fall in the cheap trap
Some mobile app development services offer a very affordable upfront cost. This is known as the foot-in-the-door tactic. The offer cost is undoubtedly low, but later you will come to know that they would require you to pay separately for features, additional support, hosting charges, among others. Ultimately, you will end up paying huge costs when dealing with little-known software development companies that offer cheap mobile app development.
Perhaps the below-mentioned tips will help you a great deal when looking for your project’s best mobile app development services:
- Choose the necessary features, discard irrelevant ones.
- Document your requirements with the mobile app company.
- Take a written quotation from the vendor.
- Choose the vendor that has an excellent reputation and a long experience in mobile app development services.
- Choose the vendor that has clients from across the world.
Sankalp has high customer ratings across different rating platforms for outstanding service delivery. Also, Sankalp is an ISO-certified organization that recently received the Customer Choice Award 2019 by Software Suggest.
Sankalp is arguably among the best mobile app developers in the world today.
The prices for mobile apps start at just $2499. For a quick price quote for your specific project, get in touch with us today!
Hope this helps. Best wishes!